Le Cache Contemp 5200 Classic #740
NOW WITH THE MOST ADVANCED AND QUIETEST COOLING UNITS FROM CELLARPRO!
The Model 5200 is designed to showcase the largest wine collections, offering maximum racked storage capacity for 544 bottles and bulk storage capacity for up to 78 bottles.
Total Capacity: 622 bottles
Size: 74w x 29d x 86h (in)
TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY CONTROL
Le Cache European Country 3800 Wine Cabinet Classic Cherry (P/N 749). Featuring racked storage for 544 bottles and bulk storage for 78 bottles, our 5200 Series wine cabinets are designed to showcase the largest wine collectors. Purchase Price per Bottle: $15
Le Cache wine cabinets maintain ideal temperature and humidity conditions for long term storage and aging of fine wines. Wine cabinets are different than wine coolers and refrigerators, which don't don't manage humidity conditions and therefore aren't recommended for long term storage of wine.
Design: Clean, contemporary design blends equally well with modern, Craftsman, Deco or Asian decors. Hardwood doors and gently arched windows showcase fine wine collections.
Construction: Sealed seams, premium insulation and tinted double-paned glass provide thermal and UV protection
Refrigeration: Advanced CellarPro cooling units provide digital temperature and humidity control.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood door and furniture trim
- Stainless bar pull and security lock
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro energy-efficient cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior LED light
- Optional bottle probe
- 5-year warranty on the cooling system
- 2-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Specs & Resources
Brand: Le Cache
Size: 74w x 29d x 86h (in)
Weight: 510 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX: 2.4 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT-ECX: 2.9 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT-ECX: 3.0 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Capacity: 622 bottles
Double Deep storage
Racked Slots: 544 bottles (3.8 inch slots)
Bulk Space: approximately 78 bottles (stacked)
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Placement Requirements
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Top View
- Top View Drawings
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
- Interactive Product Demo
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 69.5w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE:
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR:
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or will overheat and/or will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be above and to the sides of the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance around the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
|Credenza - Contemporary
|Credenza - Euro & Mission
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Ratings & Reviews
Great unit and service
by Tarheel Kevin
Having a Le Cache unit in Las Vegas I knew how great they are. We left our unit in Las Vegas when we moved to Georgia and when we were to build out our wine area we knew exactly who to call . The delivery went without a problem and both units are now fully loaded and are doing quite well. Thanks for the great service and some of our friends have seen them and they are impressed by them. Looking to buy another one within 1 year
Le Cache Wine Cabinets
by Theresa -
I purchased 2 wine cabinets. The cabinets are loaded, running perfectly, and beautifully made... A stunning addition to my home
The Cabinet is Elegant
by Dan P.
9/24/10: Oustanding quality, build, features, delivery and customer service. Exceeded my expections with all! Recommend highly to anyone.
9/14/10: The wine cabinet was delivered today. The cabinet was in excellent condition upon arrival. It was a tight fit getting in the outside door, only 31 ½ inches wide. The delivery crew from Mid-Atlantic were diligent and careful. The cabinet is elegant. I will begin loading tonight and wait the 48 hours before starting the cooler. It will be good to get my wine back into a cellar environment. I really appreciate all your help through the process!
Exceeded my Expectations
After reviewing many wine cabinets on the internet I called Le Cache. Ben explained the delivery and the features of CellarPro cooling unit. I had a potential difficult delivery through the walk out basement door in the back yard. I purchased the 5200 Classic Cherry cabinet. The delivery company was on time, professional and set up the cabinet quickly. Elegant cabinet and cooled my 400+ bottles in less than 2 days. I am extreamly pleased with the cabinet and the process. Through out the entire process Le Cache Exceeded My Expecations!! Recommend Le Cache over Any other.
The unit looks beautiful.
by Al Z.
Just wanted to let you guys know that the cabinet showed up in excellent condition. There was a little concern whether it would fit through the arches leading to my back room. As it turned out it barely made it through , but it did and we did not have much trouble. Thanks for packing it so well. The unit looks beautiful. I will update you once I turn it on tomorrow. My wine comes from the storage facility on Friday. THANKS!