Self Contained Rear / Top Vent Cooling Unit 1800XTS-ECX #1294
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800XTS-ECX units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar.
CellarPro's 1800XTS-ECX wine cooling units (1/5 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide maximum cooling performance for small wine cellars up to 400 cubic feet.*.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800XTS-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800XTS-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 2200 and Wine-Mate 2500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $39.02 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800XTS-ECX requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must locate this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Specs & Resources
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3.6 Amps
- Startup: 22.2 Amps
- Total Watts: 319
- Required: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 54 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
So far so good
I installed the unit 10 days ago. It was relatively simple to enlarge the hole for the unit and build a shelf inside the small cellar I have. It seems to run quite a bit with setting at 59 degrees, and it is not particularly quiet, but I was ok with the price and it is made in the usa.
by Nancy R
What a nice unit. Works great, looks great and we couldn't be happier. Our new wine cellar is now complete.
CellarPro 1800XTS-ECX Cooling Unit
This machine is truly a plug and play unit I had my last unit for 12 years ...(not bad) just keeps on performing ! Great device!
by Lloyd Tosoff
Looks good and works great. Just installed in our new wine cellar
This made a fine impression on a cellaring novice
Finally made the decision to properly store our wines and this team made a huge difference. Great support in helping me through the decision making process.
Replacement cooling unit
by Steve F
My original unit failed after 10 years, which is a longer life than I expected and the Cellar Pro team helped me replace it. The Cellar Pro team gave me truly, exceptionally high quality service! The new unit was competitively priced and with the white glove service I received, I could not be happier!
Thank you CP team!
The service and assistance from the staff was good if not needed. I read the web site and picked the unit that matched my needs and placed the order however due to the staff at Cellar Pro it was 10 days before my unit arrived. I understand the need to ensure i chose correctly but 10 days to get it ids a bit long.
by Michael B -
My 5 year old unit failed and they threw in fedex. As my cellar was down. Unit is quieter than old one and wines are fine! Thanks cellarpro
by Brian O -
This was a replacement unit. CellarPro staff were very accommodating. Plus, the unit came faster than expected which was good because my old unit was only partially cooling my wine closet.
great service and communications with prompt delivery especially during the pandemic and wildfire. Managed to get the same exact one which fits perfectly.
Replaced after 10 years ..
Smooth transaction .. my former unit lasted 10 years and thus new one took over cooling the cellar seamlessly . Now back at 58 degrees and effortlessly keeping it there!
Much better than a Breezaire
From the purchase process to the actual unit, very easy to install, this product is excellent. I used to have Breezaire and I am way more satisfied with my cellar performance now.
by VaBarb -
... and very much relieved. Our 2nd XTS unit working even better than the first. Our unit broke down during an extremely warm week with no backup available. Unbelievable customer service: contacted Cellar Pro on a Sunday regarding problems with existing unit; Ben responded with instructions to 'fix'; had a quote on Monday; had a new unit on Thursday. We are so grateful THANKS to all.
CellarPro 1800 XTS unit #1294
This is my 3rd unit, the 1st one went bad and they quickly replaced it. It's been 6-1/2 years on the 2nd one and ran without flaw! Temperature maintains a great 56 -58 without any issues...waiting to check out my electric bill to see if the unit is any more efficient but it much quieter than my previous unit! Even during these COVID times, customer service has been quick and well managed. THANK YOU!
new CellarPro 1800 XTS unit # 1294
The unit arrived and sat for a few days prior to installation. Was impressed with the packaging. A few of the “fins” on the back we not in perfect straight condition, frustrating,, but not worth sending back. The unit installed easily on a shelf we custom built. The price of $75.00 for the rear drain plug and hose seems a bit high for what it is. But, I did not want to retro fit or have draining issues. So far, running well.
My favorite brand for cooling systems
by Sommi Wine Cellars -
We have been designing and building wine cabinets and wine cellars at Sommi Wine Cellars for the last 5 years. CellarPro is our go-to brand and all the reviews you will read are evident. They are the best in the industry and the customer service is top notch. In the last few years, we've had to swap out their competior's cooling system with a CellarPro due to noise and reliability complaints. CellarPro, by far, designs and manufactures superior cooling units. You will not be disappointed.
So far so good
by Jim E.
The unit is up and running. So far so good. Customer service during ordering was solid as I did have a few questions on the install that were promptly answered. The drain line kit as an added expense seemed a little expensive for what it actually is. But all in all the unit is doing its job. I'd probably give 5 stars if the drain kit was not an add on.
Working as it should!
by Lou F. -
This is a replacement unit for a 9 year old CP-XTS which was running non-stop andbnot cooling enough. After a few phone calls with customer service I opted to bite the bullet and order a brand new replacement unit. The unit is pretty heavy and bulky so I asked my teenage son to help me remove all bottles from the top rack, take off the old one and install the new unit. Probably took around 4 hours to get it all done including putting all the bottles back on the top rack. One thing I noticed right away is that the new cooling system is much quieter than the old one so that’s a good improvement. Now, for the price these things go for, let’s hope it lasts at least 10 years. We’ll see....
REPLACEMENT 1800 XTS
RECEIVED A REPLACEMENT UNIT UNIT ABOUT TO WEEKS AGO. IT HAS BEEN OPERATING WELL. I LIVE IN MIAMI AND CURRENT OPERATING TEMPERATURES ARE ABOUT 84 DEG F AND 89 DEF MID DAY EXAUST TEMPERATURES AR RUNING ABOUT 15 DEG F ABOVE ROOM TEMPERATURE. THIS DIFFERENTIAL IS A GOOD INDICATION OF COOLING EFFICIENCY. SERVICE IS ALWAYS VERY GOOD. TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS GREAT
Outstanding customer support
by Jim F -
Not something I planned, but my 5 year old unit went out on a Sunday the day before I was flying to MN. To my surprize I was able to work with technical support on Sunday to determine I needed a replacement in time to make my flight. Ordered it on line and was at their facility and back on the road with a new unit at 9:30 AM Monday. New unit installed and operating so I could make my 2 PM flight. What you hope for when you need help!!!
Beast number 2
by George Tershakovec
My second 1800xts arrived and the install was easier than the first, We made a few modifications for a sturdier install, we added a washer to the screws for the brackets, placed a wood dowel under the unit, and put large washers on the back 4 corners, this unit won’t budge an inch, added the butyl tape.
Unit is not as noisy as I was warned, my room air filtering devices are much louder.
I have my cellars set at 52 plus minus 2 and my humidity with a minor adjustment is sitting at 62, I don’t think u can dial this in any better
I am super happy that I upgraded to CellarPro and was at first concerned that the xts was too much but If the temp and humidity is spot on I guess not
What a beast
by George T
I picked the 1800XTS for my Wine Cellar Impression Cellar, the install was easy peazy, and less than 24 hours later the temp was spot on, it’s such a beast as far as cooling, it’s not as loud as I thought, I am so impressed that I bought another unit for my other cellar as I know my Breezaire is struggling
Works as advertised
by Bob S
Unit works well, quick delivery, good manual, especially with the online supplements. Customer service not great, I had an overheating problem, called in, they took a message, said they would call back, then just sent an email which was a copy of the manual section. I figured it out myself eventually,
This unit replaces a WineMate chiller in a 400 bottle cellar. During a recent hot spell in Hawaii, the WineMate simply could not keep up with the ambient temperature. It ran continuously for over 3 weeks and could not get below 72 degrees, which is really bad. Waited for the CellarPro since they were back logged on orders, and installed the unit the day after it arrived. It was a little difficult to install as it is quite a bit heavier than the Wine Mate and Breezaire chillers. Finally got it in and started it up. Chilled the cellar down to 62 degrees within a few hours, something that the Wine Mate had failed to do over 3 weeks. It is a really good unit, and hopefully will continue to run well when the ambient temperature in Hawaii rises once again. My only complaint is that the unit runs pretty loud being that the cellar in in our living room. Wish it was quieter like the Wine Mate and Breezaire, but hey, those units couldn't handle the ambient heat. All in all, a great chiller.
Replacement Unit Assistance - THANK YOU!
Thank you for your solid assistance and useful suggestions while I was ordering a replacement cooling unit for one of our wine cabinets. You not only helped me to save some money on the unit I ended up purchasing, but you worked very closely with me to ship the unit to our home during a very tight window of availability. BRAVO!