220V 50/60 Hz Rear / Top Vent Cooling Unit 1800XT #1130
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800XT-220V units can operate in environments ranging from 35C to 4C out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
CellarPro 1800XT-220V cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal @ 50Hz) provide outstanding performance, adjustable humidity control, super-quiet operation and extra cooling power for use in 220V/1PH environments.
1800XT-220V units can be used with both 50-Hz and 60 Hz 220V power and are significantly quieter than comparable units. Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions, even in tough environments. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
This unit can be used in North America as well as in overseas markets.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 8.3C to 16.7C when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise (46 dBA @ 50Hz and 50 dBA @ 60Hz).
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear .
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 2-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800XT requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Specs & Resources
Size: 46w x 42d x 27h (cm) (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
220V AC / 1PH / 50 - 60 Hz
- Running: 1.7 Amps
- Startup: 8.0-9.2 Amps
- Total Watts: 311
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
This wine cooling unit can be used in 187-254V environments at 50Hz, and 198-254V environments at 60Hz. The power plug provided is Nema 6-15P 15A 250V Plug (Male). It has a screw cover plug housing with internal lug connections, and can be swapped easily to conform to local plug configurations.
Decibels: 46 dBA @ 50Hz / 50 dBA @ 60Hzz
Capacity: 1253 BTUH @ 50Hz / 13C
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Limited Warranty - 2 Years (Entire System)
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
Wine Cellar Installation Diagrams
- Configuration Options
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Mounting Clips
Cooling Unit Replacement Instructions
- Replace Wine Cooling Units
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Sound Level
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to -6C.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below -6C and as low as -29C when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a rear drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture (#1881).
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar.
Ratings & Reviews
1800 XT 220 - Down Under- still going after 8 years
I purchased this unit back in 2011 (see and it is still going strong. It keeps my cellar at the correct temperature even in the hot Sydney summers. While I did have a small problem 2 years ago when it had a gas leak. But a local AC repairer fixed it without any issue. would reconmend the unit.
Love this cooler and the company
I installed this cooler myself and it has worked great. When I did have an issue their phone support was great and they answered my questions fully.
I really like the fact that these coolers are made in the US; it really shows in the quality and attention to detail.
CELLARPRO 1800XT-220V COOLING UNIT |
5 stars for service - really helpful advice on which unit to buy, and great assistance with delivery after I mucked up the first attempt.
Unit has now been operating a week, and seems to be going really well, although a little noisier than I had hoped.
Kiwi Wine O
Great unit, works a treat . The guys at cellarpro picked up my mistake when I ordered a 115 volt model instead of the 220 volt . Thanks guys - awesome service, fast delivery. My wine happily resting...
1800 XT 220 - Down Under
I have now been running my 1800XT-220 for 3 weeks and it meets all my expectations plus more. The unit is quiet and keeps my cellar cool to within a 1.5 degree temperature range. The unit not only looks nice but it does exactly what they said it would do. My cellar is just under 7 sq meters and has a capacity of about 500 bottles. I made sure that the walls were fully insulated to R4 rating and I have double glazed glass windows. The ceiling is a double layer of R3 batts plus R1.9 foil. I also have a solid door with R1.9 foil covered with wood panel plus tiles on a concrete slab . Right now its going into autum and the units runs for about 20 mins each hour. (Time will tell about summer). The replies from Cellar Pro to my email questions were prompt and informative - very good customer service. I would recommend the unit over ones sold locally in Australia. Even with the freight costs – its better value with the high aussie dollar.
1800 XT - 220V
by Bluey Golding
The 1800 has been installed for a week now and is performing very well in the current warm and humid conditions. The unit is easy to adjust and the instructions in the Operator's Manual are easy to follow; however, a "centigrade" version of the Manual would make it even easier.
I reviewed the units available in Australia and found they were overkill for my compact (6 M3) cellar. They were also considerably more expensive that the 1800 even when transport and import cost were taken into account.
CellarPro was most helpful during the sales process and the FedEx delivery service could not have been better. Arrived in 8 days after dispatch.
by Rory Byrne
After looking at several models finally chose the 1800.
Even after freight costs and import costs to Australia this was a well priced unit.
Great advice from CellarPro and delivery was 7 days only!
Works as advertised, easy to use panel, quiet, very well built and looks good.
Works a treat and would recommend to any one setting up a small wine cellar