Self Contained Rear / Top Vent Cooling Unit 1800QTL-ECX #1151
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL-ECX units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
CellarPro's 1800QTL-ECX wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $29.07 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. This unit was not designed to be ducted.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Specs & Resources
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 2.4 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Total Watts: 191
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Cellar Pro 1800 QTL
The unit was well pack and arrived quickly. It works very well in my insulated garage where my wine cabinet resides, and keeps a steady temperature while running quietly.
replacement of cellar pro
by Michael R
wow great service 2 months left on warranty called and they were so helpful. they shipped replacement same day that they got my e mail. replacement arrived across US in 5 days to me and they enclosed return shipping to them. They make it so easy Thanks
by Tom Z
I like to keep my wine at 55 degrees (I drink mostly red wine and I like to drink it at that temperature).
I have a 180 bottle cabinet and so far I am extremely pleased as the unit seems to work exactly as
LE Replacement of Breezaire 1060 in LeCache LC450
by Mark P.
I suppose I hold the record of Breezeaire longevity as mine lasted 17 years and survived two moves across the country. I researched both products, well, as good as I could research. Internet is not filled with chat rooms or blogs about wine cooling. The old unit came out easily and the new one went in just as easy. Super quiet compared to the older unit and the compressor is not running full bore like the last one did - it actually cycles on/off like it should. It is holding temp well after a little over a week and I have no issues. I like the power outlet on the side that permitted me to upgrade the lighting inside to an LED strip. So far so good, I would recommend this product for a replacement of Breezaire models. It would be best if we all could provide another review in 3-5 years and report performance. I won't give 5 stars, as I always believe there is room for improvement. Perhaps to increase longevity one could alter the construction of the components inside to prevent corrosion in either model, as I hear the lifespan on these units is about 10 years, give or take. I would think a simple compressor unit for the price paid here would be able to double that life span and easily get 20 years. Perhaps extending the warranty to stand by the product (10-15 years in lieu of 5). There's always room to improve or over-engineer a product like this to make it a "once & done" purchase for a wine storage unit.
Great company & great product!
My 1800QTL performed flawlessly before failing 4 1/2 years into the 5 year warranty period. It was quick and painless to receive a replacement unit. Much better performance and reliability than my old Breezaire. You cannot go wrong with CellarPro!
by Phil -
I just wanted to say thanks for making the replacement of my old dead Breezaire 1060 so simple and easy!
I followed all the directions in your Operator Manual and things went smoothly and easily. I had the Breezaire replaced with my new CellarPro in an hour, and this included removing the center post.
You guys do a great job and I will most definitely recommend you to any of my friends who need to replace the Breezaire in their wine cabinet.
Thanks again so much!
Breezaire 1060 Replacement
by David S.
Terrific customer service. Arrived in a timely manner, easy instructions to replace my old Breezaire 1060, very easy to install, fit perfectly and has been working great since I "plugged it in." Definitely recommend it over the Breezaire.
cellarpro 1800 qtl
by Vigilant Woodworks
Excellent customer service and lead time
Breezaire 1060 replacement
I have a 2001 LaCache 400 that had a Breezaire 1060. It worked well until the unit started to freeze up a month ago. I called and talked with Joanne. She was wonderful in answering all my questions. When the unit arrived, it was 45 minutes from check out the new unit to pulling the Breezaire and installing the QTL. I did have a problem with the old clips. There was no way to grab a striped bolt. So I cut the old one and slid the clip a few inches. Also, save as much of the old sealant as you may need it. The unit is working very well so far.
by Jim S
Works great! Should have the optional magnetic air filter included with purchase. Increase the purchase price if necessary.
Direct Replacement for Breezaire 1060
When my Breezaire 1060 died just after the warranty expired, I chose the CellarPro, avoiding any more Breezaire products. No problems installing this unit. Works well so far.
My BA was toast w/out any hope of replacement. I did some on-line searching and found the CellarPro, called them up, and had it installed in a matter of days. Excellent service and product.
The 'drop-in' replacement was slightly different. The existing clips I had required me to remove the front bezel of the QTL. That worked great. However, after the installation the bezel wouldn't quite line up with the fastening holes. The clips caused the bezel to be offset slightly. I managed to make it work but it would have been better to have the top of the bezel be 1/16" shorter than the unit.
I wasn't quite sure exactly where the butyl caulking was to be placed for sealing - the intake, exhaust, or both. There wasn't enough to seal them separately but that was more than likely a user error on my part. A photo would have helped with that.
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
I bought a 10 yr old used cellar with a Wine-Mate 2500 in it, the 1800 QTL fit perfectly and was very easy to install. Came with plenty of sealant (just make sure you roll it!). Unit works great and is very quiet.
Really easy to install the replacement for a Breezaire 1060. It almost fit perfectly. With just a file to make the opening slightly larger, I had it in very quickly. The noise level is much quieter than the 1060! It cooled the cellar down is only a couple of hours. Well worth the money!
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
by Walter Collins
Service was excellent. Unit performing as per specs so far.
1800 QTL w/Half of What Was Required
by Daniel Coffey
This is my very first wine cellar cooling unit. The instructions made sense and the installation was as easy as could be expected. The unit is quiet and seems to work very well. The room is only about 45 cubic feet and the unit is rated for 80 cubic feet so it's good it cools quickly and efficiently. NOW the PROBLEMS! To my knowledge just about EVERY application for this needs a drain!! Why this wouldn't come preinstalled is a complete JOKE! It seems they want to price the unit as low as possible and then sell you all the "optional" accessories that are actually a necessity at a much higher price than they are worth! Thankfully I am smart enough to install my own drain and not be taken advantage of by their $75 factory or $100 after delivery kit. Price the unit complete with all that is needed!
1800 QTL replacement for Breezaire
by Gary P. Mineo
Very pleased with the performance so far, and it is no louder than the Breezaire it replaced. Straight forward controls, and and easy exchange of old to new unit without any modifications. I just hope that I get more than 3 years out of this brand than the last two Breezaires.
Replaced and Pleased
by Diane Arendt
We also replaced an old Breezaire unit with we had continual problems with. This unit is nice, sleek, and very quiet. The instructions were clear but we thought the kit that came with did not have enough sealing putty nor clear instructions as to how to use it.
fit perfectly where the Breezaire unit was. Very quiet. Installation instructions clear and straightforward.
Replaced Grand Cru 800 cooler in Wine Enthusiast BYO Double Wine Cellar
by Tim Kennedy
The Grand Cru 800 cooling unit died in the Wine Enthusiast -BYO cabinet about 4 months after the warranty ran out. Bryan, at IWA, recommended the 1800QT. The unit arrived with no problems, and following all the instructions, I was able to modify the hole in my Cellar to accept the slightly larger 1800QT, and got it installed without any issues. (I just needed a drill, a jigsaw, and a screw driver).
The 1800QT runs about 75% less than the Grand Cru 800 did, and it's much quieter when it is running. I am very happy with the purchase, and I am very pleased with the service I received from IWA. Bryan was in constant contact, with updates about shipping, and checking to make sure the unit was received in good condition.
Replaced Breezeaire unit
by Ronald Lehrer
Relaced a Breezaire unit which had failed after 3 years of use. Installation straight forward and very easy. New unit much quieter. Works great.
Replaced Breezaire unit
by W Edwards
Read through reviews and comments and chose CellarPro to replace the Breezaire cooling unit in my Le Cache wine cooler. Shipped promptly and installed in about 45 minutes--perfect fit. Extra hands might have simplified, but not difficult to do by myself.
Replaced a Winemate 2500
by Joe R.
Wow! What a difference!! This unit is super quiet and efficient. Extremely happy with my purchase. If you need a new unit this is it!!
Vintage Cellar Replacement Cooling Unit
by J. Bordelon
After fighting cheap systems for too long, I invested in this cooling unit. Since it's a little larger than the original systems some cabinet modifications were necessary, but nothing major. It's been in service for about a week and working well.. It's a little noisier than I expected, but other than that it works as advertised. My wine is now back down to the proper temperature and all is well. As others have noted, the remote bottle temperature probe is a must to keep the unit from cycling too frequently.
So far, so good
by B. Ross
So far, so good. This is working just as advertised. I had to replace my 6 year Breezaire in my LeCache Euro 3800 Z (back vented, purchased in Oct. 2007). I called LeCache and they recommended replacing with the Cellarpro 1800 QTL. It was delivered quickly, installed easily (about 45 minutes), and so far it's working great - hovering steadily between 58 and 62F (using a bottle probe). I like the placement of the digital readout and the controls. Just about a month in, but this is looking so far like a good purchase.