Self Contained Rear / Top Vent Cooling Unit 1800QT-ECX #1084
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QT-ECX units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
CellarPro's 1800QT-ECX wine cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide outstanding performance and adjustable humidity control for very small wine cellars and larger wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QT-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QT-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $15.77 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT-ECX requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Specs & Resources
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 2.9 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Total Watts: 258
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 45 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
by K. Taga
This is working great. It runs more than I thought it would but it is keeping the temperature around 58 nicely.
I agree with the other reviews that the customer service through the whole process was great.
by Nancy and Dennis
We used this unit to replace an old Breezeaire in a wine cabinet we bought used. It is quiet and very efficient -- just as Bryan (IWA Center) promised. Installation went fairly easily. The customer service was outstanding.
by Ken R.
Thanks for your help and could not say enough about La Cache & CellarPro's
customer service. The replacement unit has been installed and is working
perfectly and Fed Ex just picked up the original unit with the return
Good product, but noisy
by Brian Crabtree
Replaced an old Breezeaire unit. The CellarPro unit is doing a great job in the cabinet, but
runs more of the time than the Breezeaire and is much noisier. Installation is definitely a
two-person job. On the whole, satisfied so far.
Great Replacement and Great Service
by Ken Richter
Purchased the CellarPro cooling unit to replace a ten year old Breezeaire that was damaged in a local power surge.
All has gone well. Very happy with the advise, service and performance.
Well built, replacement for Breezair
by Don Smith
The design and construction is much improved. it works flawlessly. It's higher capacity and slightly more noisy but keeping my 5200 cellar very cozy. Service was excellent. Also upgraded to led lighting which worked out well.
Can't beat customer service
I was not too excited with the noise level of this unit after it was installed and working. I complained, but there was not much they could do. They did try, though. I decided to live with the noise level (nothing crazy, just louder that I thought it would be given the description). It worked great, however.
Then the unit went out after 9 months. Not great, but they were awesome about getting it replace. Shipped it down to me asap, and were on top of it from the get-go. I was surprised it went out, since under all apprearances this thing look very well built. But the service can't be beat. I have had one other brand go out on me years ago, and all I got was a prorated credit towards the next. Cellarpro's service can't be beat.
by Gregory Rubino
Cellarpro service was superior. I called to describe my problem, and received emails suggesting solutions. I replaced rather than repaired the cooling unit.
Two words of advice for replacement instructions: the face of the new unit has a decorative grill that needs to be removed when installing; if your unit is nearly flush to the wall (top vent), the power cord plug cannot be removed through the rear hole, and must be cut (or empty the whole wine cellar and move it away from the wall). The new unit's cord, for the same reason, cannot be run out the rear cabinet whole, but may be left to exit the top.
This new unit is louder than the model replaced, and seems to cycle less frequently. Overall, I am satisfied with the purchase, from ordering through installation.
Perfect order. Very helpful in making the right choice. Order shipped and delivered as promised, on time and perfect delivery. installation was easy. Now my La Cache can last another ten years. A bit pricy buy my motto "buy the best, cry only once"
Great Customer Service
by Jeannie and Tony Molinaro
I needed a replacement cooling unit for our wine cabinet and in a hurry too. Your CSR was an expert on his competitors' models as well as his own. What we got was not just a replacement unit, but a much more effecient, quieter, upgraded unit. We would recommend Cellar Pro to anyone.
Excellent cooling unit
Bought CellarPro 1800QT to replace Wine Enthusiast cooling unit KW-800b after 3 of those units failed within two years, the last one no longer under warranty. The new unit required cutting a bigger opening in my wine cabinet, which was relatively simple, and the rest of the installation was easy with the mounting brackets that were provided. The unit seems very efficient and quickly brought the temperature down to the targeted 55 degrees, where it keeps it without too much effort (this unit runs only intermittently compared with the old one which run all the time). Low noise level. 5 year warranty is reassuring. Relatively expensive but clearly superior quality so it seems well worth it.
by Lucas S
PHENOMINAL the unit is super quiet and cycles half as often as the 21 year old unit (Vinotemp) I replaced. I would recommend this company and their products to any and everyone.
Exceeded my expectations
by Blaine Morris
I had a circa-1990s breezeair that I replaced with this unit. First of all, the noise, at least for my unit, is WAY less. Amazing. Second, the performance is great. It was about 20% more $$ than a new breezeair, but I chose to go with Cellarpro due to the positive reviews. Very happy, installed easily. Still working to get it completely airtight, but that's my problem. Also, keeps the humidity higher than the breezeair...65% vs under 50% in the old unit's last days.
Not completely satisfied
by Sam Kosakowski
Purchased the unit to replace the old Breezaire in my wine cabinet. Customer service and delivery was great (Shipped from California to Ontario, Canada). Replacing the old unit went well and I quite like the design of the unit. I like the location of the LED and controls. My only complaint however, is that I find it noisey. In fact, it appears to be noisier than my former Breezaire unit. I was led to believe that I would find a noticeable reduction in noise once installed but unfortunately, the opposite is true. I can hear the unit when I'm upstairs! As a result...can't rate it as high as I would like to.
Needed a replacement
by Royce Jackson
My old Breezeair went ka-put..67 degrees was max. I ordered the cellarPro 1800. It was delivered within 1 week. If you can take out the old unit, you can put in this unit. In no time, 56 degrees. I was used to the old unit running all the time. Was I surprised to find that they cut off. I am very pleased with the easy of operation and temp control. A wise choice.
Easy to install. Works well and digital control display easy to use. Nice appearance with wine closet. So far would recommend this unit.
Excellent cooling unit
by Stephen Pett
Relatively easy to install. Works very well. I like the additional control over humidity. Veyr to easy to set temp. Hopefully will last longer then the previous units. Actually not as loud as I thought it might be. I am pleased and would recommend this to anyone with a large cabinet.
Very good cooling unit.
by Bill Wassynger
It installed easily and runs much better than my prior unit. The controls are easy to operate and it is nice having much more control over how the unit works especially with the adjustment for humidity. My only minor complaint is that it is not as quiet as advertised, which I think has to do with the fact that mine is installed in a cabinet and a fair amount of noise comes out the exhaust vent. I would definitely buy again.
Quiet, efficient and effective
by Art Silvergleid
This is the 4th different unit I have put into my wine cabinet, and the early word is that it is the best. It is keeping the temps in the 50s seemingly effortlessly, which the vinotemps units could not do, and it is much quieter than my much larger Breeseaire. I have high hopes that the good early perfomance will continue.
Great Unit, Seems Very Well Built
by Bill Blethen
I was looking for a cooler that would last longer than a few years, unlike the 4 others that were built in China. This unit seems to be more rugged and I liked the top exhaust option.
Much More Efficient than the Breezaire
by Michael Grimaldi
The CellarPro is much more efficient than the Breezaire. It only runs for approx. 8 min...then, approx. 30-35 mins. elapse before...it cycles on again. Run time of 16 minutes out of every hour is great! The Breezaire never ran like that...
Finally, humidity control
This is a great a unit. Easy to operate. I bought it because it will control the humidity and it does seem to live up to its promise.