CellarPro 1800QT-ECX Cooling Unit #1084
CellarPro 1800QT-ECX Cooling Unit (P/N 1084). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS! CellarPro engineered the 1800QT-ECX cooling unit to provide powerful cooling capacity with moderate noise levels to be used in large wine cabinets that are located near common living areas. 1800QT-ECX units are louder than CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX units, but also 30% more powerful.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QT-ECX units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
1380 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F.
CellarPro's 1800QT-ECX wine cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide outstanding performance and adjustable humidity control for very small wine cellars and larger wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QT-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QT-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $15.77 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT-ECX requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Specs & Resources
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 2.9 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Total Watts: 258
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 45 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Refer to filter replacements in the previous section.
- Evap Fresh #17984: Should be sprayed on the evaporator (cold-side) coils once a quarter, especially when the evaporator coils frequently have condensation, to extend the life of the evaporator coils and to reduce the growth of mold in the drain pan.
- Condenser Brush #1475: With a long handle and stiff bristles, the brush is ideal for cleaning off the dust and dirt that collect on the hot-side condenser coils, especially when a filter isn't used on the coils.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Bottle Probe Extension Cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
What is "Sensible BTUH"?
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
QT for Quiet
by Darin Sanders -
I purchased an upright cabinet that holds approximately 450 bottles of win. The cabinet is fantastic and came with my choice of Cellar Pro cooling units. The person who sold me the cabinet sold me the wrong cooling unit. The problem was, it was quite loud. Bothersome to say the least. I tried to live with it but simply, wasn’t happy. I called Cellar Pro directly hoping I could change out some fans and do something to fix it. They explained that this wasn’t an option and after some dialogue suggested the QT version. So it was a swap of the unit I had for the QT version (Quiet)
The transaction went perfectly and Cellar Pro made me a very good offer to make the situation right and beneficial to me.
Removal and installation took me about an hour and my new QT unit is a huge improvement, nice and quiet and working perfectly. I couldn’t be happier. This is a good company org great people who want to keep their customers happy. Don’t hesitate to buy this QT version. Thanks
Great Service even AFTER THE SALE!
by C B -
First, let me start by saying I bought the Le Cache cabinet from a neighbor who was moving... After i had it moved, the CellarPro needed to be replaced, not because of the move, but it just wasn't cooling... The unit was 8 years old... Anyway, once it was determined that it needed to be replaced, the customer service team worked with me all the way to make sure I ordered the correct replacement for my environment... They helped me by sending me an installation video and answered questions along the way... The unit is working flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with the result! I'm thinking of purchasing the extended warranty and will contact them re: that availability, etc... Highly recommend their products for storing and aging wine...
Unfortunately I have had to replace my 1800QT three times on my La Cache. I am unable to determine if my cabinet is in any way part of the problem although I regularly clean the door seals, and filter. CellarPro Customer Service is good but I have to question this unit’s reliability. Not happy.
Reply from Le Cache
Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced. According to our records, you purchased your Le Cache wine cabinet in 7 1/2 years ago, and you replaced the cooling unit twice under warranty during that time, and now it has failed a third time. We agree that your cooling unit should not have failed so many times during this period, and our customer service team will contact you to figure out the best path forward given the circumstances.
CellarPro Made it Easy for me!
by Pete S. -
I was a bit concerned with sourcing and replacing this cooling unit myself inside the "used" 300+ bottle wine cabinet I had just purchased, but I have to say the people at CellarPro made the entire process easy. Not only did they help me correctly identify the right unit and accessories I would need, but lead me to a video on how to do it. I am happy to report, while I was prepared for the worst, I completed the entire job, including adding some LED strip lights to the cabinet in just under 2 hours!
A reliable replacement
by aliceB -
Our old compressor died, and we replaced with the cellarpro 1800QT-EXC. It arrived promptly, was very well packed, easy to install and is operating perfectly. The unit appears to be very well built(much better than my old one) and operates VERY quietly which is a pleasure as my wine cellar is in the dining room.