CellarPro Remote Probe / Bottle Probe #1434
CellarPro Remote Probe / Bottle Probe (P/N 1434). Our remote probe is strongly recommended when the wine cooling unit will be placed remotely (ie the cold air will be ducted), and/or the cooling unit is not located near the top of the wine cellar.
The remote probe also can be used in odd-shaped wine cellars to control the cooling unit based on temperatures "around the corner".
Our remote probe can be used to measure liquid or air temperatures. It has a waterproof sheathing, and includes a rubber bottle stopper to keep liquid inside the bottle when placed on its side inside wine racks.
If used to measure liquid temperature, the remote probe can be inserted into a wine bottle filled with water and alcohol (to avoid bacteria growth.) Please note: the cooling unit's HY differential should be set to "1" when the probe is inserted in liquid, and should be set to "4" when measuring air temperature.
The 10-foot cord allows the remote probe to be placed almost anywhere inside the wine cellar. The other side of the probe is fitted with a jack that plugs directly into the face of the wine cooling unit.
- When measuring liquid temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 1 degree (so that the wine liquid doesn't fluctuate more than 1 degree.)
- When measuring air temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 4 degrees (the cooling unit will burn out prematurely if the unit cycles on'off every time the air temperature changes by 1 degree.)
- The remote probe must be located in a location with good air movement in order to correctly register the temperature changes inside the cellar.
- When measuring air temperature with ducted systems, the ideal location for the remote probe is in the return air register; when measuring air temperature with through-the-wall systems, the ideal location for the remote probe is near the return air grill; when measuring liquid temperatures in bottles, the ideal location of the bottle is near the top of the racks with good airflow.
- In all cases, it is recommended to check the actual cellar temperature against the display temperature when the remote probe is first setup and subsequently whenever the location moves.
- Refer to our Owners Manual for instructions how to change the HY differential
Remote probes are compatible with all CellarPro wine cooling units smaller than our AH18 sizes.
- Capacity: noinfofound
- Sizing: noinfofound
Our remote probes are wet/dry and allow our wine cooling units to be located remotely from the wine cellar, allowing the cooling unit to cycle on/off based on changes of the air or liquid temperature inside the wine cellar.
- Digital temperature control based on air or liquid temperature
- Jack plugs directly into the face of the wine cooling unit
- When used in a wine bottle, the rubber bottle stopper prevents spills and leaks
- 10-ft cord allows maximum flexibility
- Recommended when the wine cooling unit will be placed remotely or away from the top of the wine cellar
- Also can be used in odd-shaped wine cellars
- Size:10 Ft Cord
- Weight:.5 lb
- Warranty:1 Year
Bottle Probe.- didn’t work for me!?
Bottle Probe Reduces cycling
Great addition - really a necessity.